For the song, “Live Christ” click on the “Live Christ” link above.
General Information about permission.
The songs that we are the sole publisher for are “Things I Want You To Know” from “Walk Chalantly” and “All That I Am” recorded on “Let’s Practice Faith” by Augsburg Fortress, 2002. You may reprint the lyrics of either song, at no charge, if you’ll email us using the form below to let us know you’re using it and include the text “used by permission, copyright Celia Whitler” on the reprint.
Most of the songs Celia has co-written are with Sarah Hart, who is published by OCP. Permission for a variety of uses can be purchased online. Two types of print license that you may purchase online are:
1) If you want to reprint lyrics in a bulletin or on screen for one time use, a one time use license is needed.
2) If you’re interested in printing the lyrics in a song books, song sheets or hymnals, that license is available as well.
Print license for one time use: (is good for one day use for any or all of the songs listed below) $15. OCP will require an additional $20 for a total of $35 per use. No charge for specific occasions, such as a wedding or baptism. Reprinting for ordination, religious professions, confirmation, funerals, conventions and conferences are also free of charge. However, you still need to contact the publishers to request the free license in order to comply with copyright law.
Print license for song books, song sheets or hymnals: 3 cents per song per copy, $15 minimum. OCP will require an additional 4 cents per song per copy, $20 minimum for a total of 7 cents per song per copy with a minimum of $35.
Securing A License:
Permission from Celia (published by Celia under the name Dog Not Included Publishing)”
Using the “Buy” button at the top of the page . . . Go to Celia’s secure site. The rows of the form include one time license and songbook requests options. Select the appropriate option and fill in the quantities, totals and credit card information. In the comment box, include the song title, date of use and any other information you’d like to send.
Permission from OCP: Follow one of these links and search for composer “Hart”. Follow their directions: One Time Licence; For other licenses. If a song is not listed, call 800-LITURGY and speak with someone in licensing.
Other types of Permission:
Mechanical License: If you want to RECORD a song that Celia’s written, email our office using the form below and we’ll follow up with you about details. The “about licensing” link below doesn’t tell you everything you need to know about mechanical licensing.
Sync License: If you want to use one of Celia’s songs with a video/film, email our office using the form below and we’ll follow up with you.
(whose songs are published by OCP):
- All and Me (recorded on “Let’s Practice Faith” by Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- Any Road (recorded on Walk Chalantly, 1998)
- Because You Are (written for the ELCA Youth Gathering in Atlanta, 2003)
- Faces Of Our Friends (recorded on Faces of Our Friends, 1999)
- For You (recorded on “Daughters of God, OCP Publications, 2002)
- Forgive (recorded on “Let’s Practice Faith” by Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- I Will Be Your Voice (written for the National Acteens Convention in Nashville, 2003)
- I Will Look Up (recorded on Faces of Our Friends)
- I’m Not Alone (recorded on Faces of Our Friends)
- Open the Door (recorded on “Let’s Practice Faith” by Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- Rest (recorded on “Let’s Practice Faith” by Augsburg Fortress, 2002)
- We Believe (written for the National Acteens Convention in Nashville, 2003)
- Wonder of the World (written for the National Acteens Convention in Nashville, 2003)